- The Sisterhood prepared a wonderful buffet forFr Peter Sheko’s namesday which was celebrated in the hall on July 12.
- This year’s Annual General Meeting was held on 27th July. On this occasion it was conducted in both Russian and English. Parishioners are encouraged to become members and thereby contribute to the running of the Church.
- The Collingwood property has been listed for sale.
- Fr Kyril held a movie night on August 24. The film “Mr Vig and the nun” told the true story of a Danish convert who donated his castle to the church. It is now a thriving Russian Orthodox convent.
- In August, Archpriests Fr Nicholas Dalinkiewicz, Fr Michael Protopopov and Fr Igor Filianovsky attended a conference on the Life of the Russian Orthodox Church in North America and Oceania sponsored by the Russian Consulate in San Francisco. Fr Nicholas also served a moleben for the clergy and parishioners of Holy Protection Cathedral before the Relics of St John, Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco.
- 13 years ago, a photo exhibition was held at Russian House which provided an insight into the history of the parish. The photos from that exhibition have been kept and a project is underway to scan them and store them digitally. For further information contact Ian Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- World renowned Orthodox speaker Frederica Mathewes-Green gave a presentation to parishioners on Saturday, 1st September as part of her Australian tour. Our parish seminar was attended by about 130 people and the proceedings were filmed by Nicholas Sherman (ACS) who will be producing a 1-hour DVD. This video will also include highlights of an interview with her. Frederica speaks on a wide range of topics – movie reviews, Eastern Orthodox Christianity, the pro-life cause, marriage, family, and culture. She has published nine books, and travels widely to give talks all year round. (www.frederica.com)
- Archbishop Michael of Geneva served liturgy on Sunday, 2nd September. After the liturgy the sisterhood prepared a delicious meal for the clergy to welcome the visiting hierarch.
Nicholas, Elizabeth, Panagiotis, Stephanie, Marcus, Maxim, Benjamin, John, Marpha
- Vladimir Schelkunov and Alexandra Gizzatullina
- Gennadii Gourko and Tatiana Shablyuk
Laid to rest
- Mikhail Vyshemirsky
- Marai Kamenev
- Peter Chlebnikowski
- Nina Kocyan
- Nina Zhdanova
- Soon: The Firebird (in the church hall)
- Friday, 28 September: Movie Night, 7:30pm.”Upon This Rock: Protestant Believers Embrace the Orthodox Christian Faith”
- Sunday 14 October: Patronal Feast Day.
- Sunday 18 November: Presentation Convent (Bungarby) fund raising luncheon.(Helpers needed for these two events. Please contact Lubov Cowall on 0411090550)